Tuesday 18 May 2010

A bit of nostalgia...

Thinking about my favourite book, Emily, yesterday, got me to thinking about other books that I used to enjoy. This one was the first that sprang to mind: Tall Inside, by Jean Richardson. Now, if you know me then you'll know that I'm pretty small and have yet to reach the 5" mark! So when I was a child I was really slight, I look back at some pictures and think I look like some kind of pixie! Sooo glad I grew into my head!

Anyway, so the point is, that I really related to this story. It's about a little girl who is small and she's at the circus and is feeling a bit insecure about it. Eventually she hides in a corner and cries, but then a clown comes along and tries to cheer her up. Turns out, he's small too and is just wearing stilts! I think that's how it went anyway, but I remember loving it!

Another one of my favourites is the bible story, Zacchaeus. Once again because he was short! I can see a pattern emerging!

No comments:

Post a Comment