20 Things About Me
1. When I was nine years old I decided to be a journalist after watching Lois Lane go on many an adventure with Superman. I launched my own newspaper using a Word template and Clip Art on our first PC. It was called Boom!
2. I hate coffee but love lattes and for this reason, and this reason alone, bought myself a coffee machine.
3. When I was 19 I met and fell in love with my best friend. I knew after our first kiss that I would marry him... and I did.
4. Sometimes I wish I could go back to being 17 at college. They weren't necessarily the best days, but they were the most care-free days of my life and I had some amazing friends, which I didn't appreciate until we all went our separate ways.
5. I make my husband do the washing up every day... and then nag him when he leaves traces of sauce on the plates.
6. Throughout school, college and university I never revised for exams but always got good grades... I now fear that one day everyone will find out I actually don't know anything after all.
7. I've always had an independent, make it on my own streak. I left home at 17 and thought I was a grown up. Totally wasn't.
8. I still feel like I'm play-acting at being a grown up.
9. I love God and His Son, Jesus. Always have, always will (this should be number 1 on the list really).
10. I find it hard to trust God and have a habit of doing everything in my own strength. Then Bam! He does it all himself and saves the day. I am an idiot.
11. I feign an interest in football for the sake of my marriage, can hold a relatively intelligent conversation about it by just throwing in a few facts, nodding and smiling... but really I don't care.
12. I love weddings, totally think that my own was the best wedding ever and would do it again (to the same man!) given the chance.
14. I'm allergic to dairy products but crave cheese all the time. Yes, ALL the time!
15. My favourite meal is bangers and mash, but it has to be dished up a certain way - a bed of mash, at least 4 sausages stuck in the middle and then baked beans poured over the top.
16. I am a writer with constant writer's block. I haven't done any creative writing since I was 19 and do wonder whether I still can.
17. I have a tendency towards addictive behaviour - whether it be diet coke, starbucks, flowers or magazines - these are all things I feel like I have to buy even when I don't need, want or can't afford them.
18. Although I can be chatty and funny and confident, deep down I am an introvert. I prefer my own company, get overwhelmed by big social occasions or too many social occasions in a short space of time and frequently turn my phone off to shut the world out. Everyone feels sorry for me because my husband works on weekends, but it actually gives me head space so I don't mind it at all. These articles helped me to understand that I wasn't weird and that it's ok.
19. I am a control freak who needs to know what the plan is - not just for the next few weeks. I'm talking years!
20. I have a lot of dreams and ambitions but no idea how to make them happen or how they fit in with each other.
There! There are loads more but maybe I'll do another one another time.
What are your 20 things? Why not blog about them and leave the link in the comments, would love to see!