Tuesday 24 February 2009

Busy Busy Bee :0)

Apologies for my shockingly long absence over the month of February. Life got very very busy due to my resolution of "living on the front row" (i.e. not staying in and backing out of things because I'm too tired, or it's too hard or too far). In fact, it's now the 24th and, looking back on the month, I have been out for 17 out of those 24 evenings, 11 of those 17 being weekdays. It would have been 18 had it not snowed on Monday 2nd!
It's been a busy month. Most of those evenings have been church meetings so I don't regret any of it, it's the beginning of the year so we've been looking ahead, planning and driving things forward etc etc, and we've also had the chance to go to some brilliant seminars and training. I also am well aware that I am where I am today, both in my personal life and with the responsibilities I've been entrusted with at church, because I am consistent and I "just showed up". So no regrets there - I'm learning loads!

I did manage to squeeze in a valentines meal (ok, so we went to Nandos because it was late and we were hungry) and a trip to see Slumdog Millionaire, and we also went away for a weekend to South Wales - so there was a little bit of me-time.... ok a tiny bit.

To be honest though, I am exhausted. I don't remember the last time I went to bed without setting an alarm, last night was the first time in over a week that I actually ate dinner at home, and I have lately had regular bouts of tiredness, sleepiness and severe loss of concentration at work. I think the last time I spent the day with Jon with no plans or commitments whatsover was probably Christmas day.

I get at least 8 hours of sleep every night, I've upped my water intake and although I don't do a huge amount of exercise, I do walk a lot and general activities don't tire me out - when I do exercise I push myself quite far and feel quite fit and healthy... so I don't know what the problem is. Plenty of people get up at 6am, travel an hour to work, get home at 7pm (ish!) or go out for the evening and go to bed at 10pm without any trouble, don't they?! And a lot of people I know live this kind of lifestyle whilst going out in the evenings and leading busy lives. I know it's been a hectic month, but I thought I would be able to cope for a short period without too much trouble! :0)

This week is empty though so I'm looking forward to lots of early nights, homecooked dinners (vegetables!!) and cosy duvets. I do have plans on Saturday morning but I have the rest of that day free, and I've booked March 13th off work so I can spend the day with Jon, relax and recuperate (it seems a long way off but it's not, honest!)

In other news....
- After a very busy 2008 and not having been on holiday since August '07 I was in desperate need of a holiday. However, we had agreed not to pay out on such luxuries until our student debts were paid. We have recently been told that Jon won an incentive at work whereby we (that's me too!) get five nights in Las Vegas!!! Flights, accomodation and an activity included! We're hoping to go later in the year so we have something to look forward to!

- On February 7th I got up early and went for a run in the glorious sunshine, upon returning home I realised that no one else was about so did a Pilates session before eating a very healthy soup lunch. I then promptly fell asleep for 3 hours between 2pm and 5pm, wasting my whole day off! (And yes, that was the last time I had a Saturday off!)

- My budget and healthy eating goals went out the window because we were eating out so much this month. However, we've managed to last til the end of the month without dipping into our savings account, as well as paying extortionate amounts for train travel to Wales (I remember when it used to cost less than £30 when you paid on the day!).

- I'm struggling with Pride and Prejudice. It's just a bit slower than Sense and Sensibility. However, I am not a quitter, I'm more than two thirds of the way through, and I will finish it! Just give me a few weeks yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment