Saturday 30 October 2010

Tea for One

There's something utterly delicious about having tea from a tea pot. Normally, I'm a dip a tea-bag in, give it a swish and a squeeze, kind of gal, but when I make the time to sit and have a proper breakfast with proper tea, the world is a better place. As my other half works, I'm often left to my own devices on Saturdays and I always try and have a proper breakfast, with proper tea, from a proper tea pot. It gives me a chance to quietly gather my thoughts and decide my plan of action for the day before I throw myself into my mental busy-ness.

I remember when I was 19 I was at work when I heard the news that a dear friend of mine had passed away. I travelled home from work, crying all the way and when I arrived home, the guy that I lived with opened the door just as I was reaching for my keys. With tears streaming down my face I stepped inside, trying to explain what was the matter. I don't think this guy, and his friend who was there, really had a clue what to do with a hysterical girl so they just said, in all its simplicity, 'D'ya want a cuppa' tea?'. And the world was a better place.

1 comment:

  1. So this post had me standing on a chair for a good ten minutes, trying to rescue my teapot from the back of the cupboard. It's not quite as pretty as yours and I now need a milk jug, but it was totally worth it. Thanks for the breakfast inspiration Em :-)

    ReplyDelete